Get in touch with one of our team to arrange servicing & tyres for your vehicle
So What Happens Next?
At the end of the Lease or PCP contract your vehicle is required to be returned back to the lease company and assessed to determine whether the vehicle meets the agreed returned condition and subject to “Fair Wear & Tear“.
“Fair Wear & Tear” occurs when normal usage causes deterioration to a vehicle. It is not to be confused with damage which occurs as a result of a specific event or series of events such as impact, inappropriate stowing of items, harsh-treatment, negligent acts or omissions. **Source-BVRLA**
The “Fair Wear & Tear” clause will include all exterior paintwork, bumpers and trim, the condition of the interior, all glass and mirrors, tyres and wheels, and the mechanical condition of the vehice(at appraisal level).
Before your vehicle is due back to the leasing company consider the following:-
- Understand the standard – You can request a copy of the BVRLA industry standard through your leasing company or check with your lease company. (You may have recieved this already)
- Let us appraising your vehicle – This will identify any damage that does not constitute “Fair Wear & Tear” and requires repair.
- Carry out the appraisal of the vehicle approximatley 4 weeks before the vehicle is due for return. This will allow you to arrange to have any unacceptable wear and tear rectified.
What Should I Do Now?
- If your car is due to be returned within 4 weeks of the return notification date, then you need to contact us and book your inspection.
- If your car is NOT due to be returned and outside the recommeneded 4 week return notification date, then you need to contact us to diarise an appointment with us with your return date so we can notify you at the time.
The BVRLA standards says:
“The vehicle should be sufficiently clean to allow a detailed inspection”
“Upholstery must be clean and odourless with no staining”
How Leyland Car Care Company can help?
We can offer specialist advice on the best Lease Car Returns service to suit your requirements”
When bringing your car to Leyland Car Care. Once we understand exactly what it is you are trying to achieve, we will appraise your vehicle using our detailed appraisal check-sheet allowing us to identify areas of concern and tailor specific services that match your requirements and budget.
End of lease Package
- Full Vehicle appraisal, in-line with BVRLA guide lines
- The Vogue Valet (link to valet discription page)